12/30/09

Christmas Journey

I thought I'd walk you through some of the joys of Christmas with our family.
Obviously, we just bought our REAL Christmas tree (Glenn insists) from Home Depot. Yea. You read it. Home Depot. I'm completely satisfied with driving only 5 miles from home to pick out "the tree" among 100's. That's about as close to the woods or tree farm as I get. Needless to say, the kids were fascinated with the prospect of carrying a tree home on top of our car! In the course of tying down the tree to the rooftop of the car, a Home Depot employee climbed up on the car too. Having never experienced any of this, Caden shouts excitedly, "Are we taking him home too?!!" As if the Home Depot man comes with the tree! I love my Caden.
Daddy and McKenna putting the tree stand on.

Let the decorating begin.

Our tree Christmas morning. Notice that most of the ornaments are "up north"? It's due to a toddler's (umm ummm...McKenna) nonverbal communication methods that lets us know where the ornaments should be placed.

Caden and Conner both recieved Max's Draganoids (bakugans) for Christmas. It's something I never heard about prior to 2 months ago, but it was the number one thing on their Christmas lists.
Grandma Carey visited. It was nice to have most of my family gather for Christmas at our house in Oklahoma. It was a bit crazy with the blizzard-like weather that hit. Roadtrips for relatives took quite a bit longer than normal. Hopefully, family time made it all worth it.
My brother Colby and his wife Sarah plus kids visited too. Pretty good smiles for early morning.

This is my brother Chad and his wife Kenda. They stayed a couple of nights too.

Conner checks his stocking out.

Ben with his stocking.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Oh my heavens! Caden's comment about taking the Home Depot guy home, too, cracked me up! I was literally laughing out loud. That's so Caden. I had to read it to Lloyd it was so funny! Yes, Christmas was definitely worth the Blizzard drive. I'd do it again if necessary to be with y'all for Christmas. You guys are so wonderful to be with!

    ReplyDelete