4/17/10

Cutest kids EVER...no really!

 I decided I like blogging. Honestly most of my days feel like the regular hum-drum of housework and tons of managing; better known as mothering. One of my sisters pointed out that sometimes it's hard for her to blog because she doesn't always have something "flowery" to say like apparently most blogs do. She got me to thinking about the reasons I blog.  It reminds me of the annual christmas letters that go out sometimes, highlighting or at least "spicing up" the negatives that happened in review of the year. I admit blogs do seem to encompass "happily-ever-after" posts exclusively.  Mine does too.  But I just wanted to clarify, why this is, at least for me. Statement #1: My life is full of upsets and arguments and loudness and choas sometimes.  We do get sick and sad and even tired of eachother often enough too. There's never enough $, and time and energy seems to slip away so easily. Life IS NOT perfect, no matter how I try to present it, or how it appears. Statement#2: Actual pictures and posts usually only occur for me when I am upbeat, energized and totally excited about a recent event, or I was fortunate to spot a glimpse of the innocense and simplicity of childhood behavoir. Statement #3:  I personally try to blog, if I have pictures to go along with it. Fortunately, no one is around snapping pics when the kids are arguing, I've lost my mind for the zillionth time, or dinner has been burned.  Besides, what kind of read would that be for all 5 of you out there who read my blog?  With all that said, I'm restating my 1st statement.  I like blogging. It is a break for me so that I will focus on my family and the blessed life we do have. I experience the regularities of life like everyone else, so what I report here are my oasis (es? How do you make that word plural?!) of happiness.  I'd miss them or forget about them if  didn't document them.  I'm not blogging to show off.  It's for me to relax, and remind myself of all the good that surrounds me.

Here's Ben all dressed up as wolverine.  Ben has always been my best make-believer.

McKenna loves playing out in the sand in the backyard.  I still don't know why she tastes the sand everyday, and then walks around with that gritty texture in her mouth for a little while.

McKenna helping mommy bake a cake. She repeated over and over, "I wanna tase it. tase it pweeze." 

O.k.  This one's a real jewel.  McKenna had been freely coming in and out of the house all afternoon, playing just fine, until I realized it had been a few minutes since I've seen or heard from her last.  Here's what I found; she had slipped on my tennis shoes that were by the back door, pulled down this pot of soil off the patio rail and began taking handfuls of dirt and placing it down in the shoes as best as she could.

 Another 80+temp day so we let the kids take turns spraying eachother with the hose while on the trampoline.

No comments:

Post a Comment