7/8/10

Oh my gosh!

 Pregnancy Update:
I am not photogenic, but I thought I'd include this picture, as it won't be much longer until I'm back to "good ole' slim-skinny Casey" Hee Hee.  This picture was taken last week sometime. I am now almost 36 weeks pregnant. I am feeling very fortunate to have come this far in the pregnancy with little to no pregnancy problems.  All 3 previous pregnancies were experiencing complications by now.  Glenn and I are so excited to be having another little girl too.  It's NOT FOR SURE, but most likely we'll name her Summer.  McKenna says it so cute, it's just kind of stuck. Funny reason though, huh?
I must tell you though that this baby might come earlier than as expected, because just today at my OB appointment, some signs of preeclampsia or toxemia has been detected.  Therefore I will require more frequent monitoring and some extra tests.  Dang blood pressure will probably continue to rise which in turn will lead to an induction, hopefully, and not another c-section. I will just have to keep you posted. As of now, I'm playing the "wait and see" game. Hey, at least I've played it before, and as I said, I'm glad I made it this far.  I truly do feel blessed in that respect.  That, and I will soon be a mother of  5 children.  Unbelievable!

 McKenna turns 2 !!!
 I think everyone knows how much I've enjoyed having a little girl these past 2 years.  McKenna is as rough and tumbly as the boys, yet as girlie as they get too! She loves to cuddle, play with babies, dress up, wear jewelry and has a high-pitched scream that makes you wish you were deaf! She is the princess of the family (so far) and we love her to pieces! Happy Birthday! 6/5/09
McKenna is always around mommy when it's time to make dessert.  She says "I help." Which really only means she's a professional taste-tester or licker the whole time.
McKenna got another baby (I think we have 11 of them now), a new high chair for bay to sit in and (not pictured) a gently used wooden baby cradle.
Please don't stare at the cake! I never know what goes wrong with my baking (or cooking for that matter). There is a landslide occurring on the side I tried to hide from the camera...again...I don't know what to say...


Description of Our Circumstances:
I thought it would be fun to add a few pictures of my wonderful husband Glenn and his recent trip to Maryland back in May.  Less than a year ago, some momentous things happened in our family.  #1: Glenn graduated from Missouri State University with a Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.  He is now a licensed PT.  #2.  At nearly the same time, Glenn applied to be a US Public Health Commissioned Corp Officer; under the direction of the U.S. government.  It's hard to explain, but essentially he is considered as active duty military personnel; only he'll work in a "professional/clinical" setting (meaning no weapon training or field stuff) as a PT, serving in clinics and hospitals that the government oversees.  For us this means, Indian reservations, and/or prisons.  That brings us to change #3: We live in Ada, Oklahoma because this is a Chickasaw Indian "hub", where there was a vacancy for a Physical Therapist at the time and it was one of the closest to family and one of the less remote places to move to so far.  Anyway, I thought I'd explain  our situation a little more, since I was just reflecting on how our lives have changed in the past year.  It does feel like we've had to spread our wings as a family, leave loved ones behind, and really piece together and find our way in this "new life" over the past year.  It's been exciting though.  And Glenn and I both agree in the old adage that you should "bloom where you are planted", and so we've created a happy home, with new friends, and new places to always explore and learn about.  It has been an adjustment, but well worth the time. So without further delay, here's the caption to these pictures: 
Glenn is obviously standing in front of some statues he got to see while taking a day off from his 2 week commissioned corp training in Maryland.
This is one of the uniforms Glenn was required to get, along with some bdu's.  Technically, Glenn could be called out to serve in case of a severe natural disaster or calamity, so he'd need to be appropriately  dressed, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment