11/6/10

Last day Pregnant!!!
Well, well, well...Things have definately changed since my last post. I am no longer pregnant. Josie Louise was born on July 19th at 8:14am, weighing 6lbs 14oz by induction due to preeclampsia. Long story short I had been experiencing ocassional high blood pressure readings, but not consistently. For a whole week I was in and out of the hospital being monitored, but eventually ended up at OU Medical Center in Oklahoma City. I was held for further monitoring for 2 more days, until finally tests revealed that I did indeed have preeclamsia. Induction was started at 6pm Sunday, July 18. I labored well into the evening when at 9pm I felt my water break. After that I labored (dull back ache is all) until 3am, and decided to get an epidural. I was stuck at 5cm for practically the whole night. At 6am, the on-call dr. checked me again and found that I was still the same dilation, but she also felt my bag of waters was still mostly in-tact and blocking passage. She broke it, and 2 hours later, when the nurse decided to check me I was completely dilated. Everything happened so fast, and it was completely pain-free! I had to be told when to push! With 3 pushes, she was out! I have never had an epidural that worked that good. So here's some pics:

No comments:

Post a Comment