11/12/10

Trying to update blog, since it is an inventory of what's been going on in the Berry Household.  First and foremost, Glenn and I are buying a home!!! It's so grown-up-like to me; yet not really because 90% of my friends (that's only 3 people) already own homes and have for some time now. I don't know...It is a MAJOR decision and MAJOR debt, but Glenn really has enjoyed this last year in Ada, and it feels like we can settle down in a place finally for more than 3 years(that's the longest we've ever lived in a home as a married couple). The funny thing is, Glenn is the one who initially began house hunting. He kept bringing it up and actually called a listing agent one day to show us a house. Needless to say, we hated the house, but we were "hooked" into finding something better for the same price.  Well, 3 weeks later, and after about 6-7 actual showings, we were getting discouraged. Everything looked so 70's. So blah and plain. We were discouraged a bit, but then again, we had no real timeline to buy a house.  I figured we'd be real serious by the beginning of next year. Long story short: there was this tri-level home I loved and only I had been in to see it. I convinced Glenn he needed to see it too. Eventually he did and he walked out smiling. I just knew he had liked it as much as I did. Finally! We liked the same house, and that was it. Well,you can't just do nothing when you have such a meeting of the minds! So here we are, waiting on the appraisal and getting all the ducks lined up for closing on the 29th of December. Crazy! More details and pictures later. Now I'll just slap some pictures on here so you can see what my stinkers have been up to!
Nana visiting from Chico, Ca. 3 weeks after Josie was born.
This is me and 4/5 kids (Josie asleep in stroller) at the new Chickasaw Cultural Center in Sulphur, Oklahoma.  It's a beautiful facility, with a few hands-on learning experiences.

Sunday, August 22, Josie receives her blessing.

Peculiar thing: Conner calls my attention to his funny-feeling face one day, so we take him to the ER the next day to confirm that he has Bell's Palsy (paralysis of 1/2 his face).  Heavy drugs and steroids are started immediately and fortunately Conner makes a full recovery 4 weeks later.  This is a week-and-a-half later, so it's not near as funny looking as the first few days!


No comments:

Post a Comment