11/20/09

School Days

Here's the boys before school. Within forty-five minutes we are all out the door! Of course me having my hair done or McKenna being changed out of her pj's doesn't count.
Caden and Conner are both in 1st grade this year. They are both doing well. Caden's best subject is reading. He is reading at nearly a 3rd grade level! Conner is very good at P.E and math. The twins ride the bus to and from school and they're always full of funny stories. Caden is fascinated with the Jr high kids on his bus. His conversations with them are humorous. (So far I don't detect any problems or bad experiences from them being on the bus with older kids) Let's just say Caden has no boundaries when it comes to inquiring about things and Conner is very good at suggesting things for Caden to say. They're quite a pair!
Benjamin is in a Pre-k class for half a day and he is learning a lot. He finally has learned all the sounds that each letter of the alphabet makes and wants to spell words so bad. Apparently Ben is the funny kid in his class. He always says to me, "Why does everyone love me so much?" or "They always want me to keep making them laugh" The demands of Pre-school extend beyond academics. Who knew?

At church today we were singing the closing hymn and Conner offered me a hymn book. I whispered, "No thanks. I don't need one" He said, "You know this song?" I said, "Not really" He was perplexed because I was still singing without a book. Again he asked, "How do you know the words?" I pointed out that I was reading over the shoulders of the couple in front of me. He was quiet for a few seconds then he very disappointingly said, "But that's CHEATING!" I'm so glad he takes the typical rules so seriously! I'm glad church was almost over since I was laughing so hard.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Oh, that's funny! Your kids really are hilarious. That IS cheating, you know, to look over someone's shoulder for the words! I also love how they do not lack at all for confidence. Ben's "Everyone loves me so much" cracks me up. I wonder what kinds of questions does Caden ask the Jr. High kids? No telling with Caden!

    ReplyDelete